CWeb - Privacy and Data Protection Policy
WINCHESTER CONSULTING LIMITED ("we" and "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is WINCHESTER CONSULTING LIMITED (Company number 04210584) incorporated in England and Wales whose registered office is at 82 Wandsworth Bridge Road, London, SW6 2TF. The CWeb website ("CWeb") provides a vacancy database service whereby prospective employees may place their details on CWeb for viewing by prospective employers, employment agencies and businesses who subscribe to the service ("employers"); an employer contacts you by clicking a box against your data and, CWeb will automatically generate an email from the employer to you, to which you may respond or not at your discretion. We maintain a database of the data provided by employers and employees who register with us under our CRM database ("CRM").
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in the registration form on CWeb. This includes personal information such as your name, postal and email addresses, telephone number, date of birth, qualifications, skills and experience, job category and other information provided at the time of registering to use our site and information which you update (which you may do at any time by re-accessing your registration form).
- Record of emails automatically generated by CWeb when an employer clicks against your data to contact you; record of job offers made and whether accepted or declined.
- If you contact us, we keep a record of your calls, emails and correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to CWeb including, but not limited to, IP addresses, weblogs, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the services afforded by CWeb by making your data available to employers and if required automatic generation of emails from employers contacting you.
- To record for our internal management purposes transactional information
- To provide reports and information to Regional Development Agencies and other government funded bodies for whom we provide services including but not limited to reports on targets and employment sector retentions, data on employees, registrations on CWeb, employee and vacancy categories and offers of employment and acceptances.
- To provide you with information on our services including redeployment support, CV assistance, job search advice, interview and skills training and other employment related advice; whilst these services are generally provided as part of the services we offer in conjunction with your registration to use CWeb, you may notify us that you do not wish to receive information on these services in writing or by email to our address below.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We do not use your data for direct marketing or other marketing purposes or pass your data to any third parties for such purpose
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for our system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general usage of CWeb by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our user size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your individual interest in jobs and our services.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom.
When you register with us you will be given a password to enable you to access CWeb. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to CWeb; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may pass your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Winchester Consulting Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients and users will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Winchester Consulting Limited, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
You may cancel your registration with us at any time by accessing your data on CWeb and selecting the delete option or by notifying us by email or in writing and we will withdraw your data from CWeb. Your data will however be retained on CRM for statistical reporting purposes to Regional Development Agencies or other UK government funded bodies for whom we provide services.
CWeb may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.